Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday May 29, 2008 2:05 am

School is almost out for everyone. I can't believe it has gone by so fast. I'm sure the students aren't saying as much. Yesterday the weather started getting warmer and should stay warm for a few days.

Will had a pretty good day. He walked all the way to the door of the unit. Wow, he said that was the longest walk he ever took. He works so hard to do that, by the time he gets to sit back on his bed he's soaking wet like he's been in a triathlon. He also did a t-trial for four hours. and another for three hours. It takes a lot of concentration on his part to keep telling himself that he's breathing okay. Some of the best news was that our Carolyn was back from her time off. She got the doctors to order that his blood pressure only has to be taken every four hours. Since he's been in here, he's had to have it all the time. The last little bit of time he had to have it taken every hour. Now it's every four. He hates that thing so I'm so glad he got to change that. It's the little things that can get us through this. We still haven't got the final results of the biopsies from the bronch. So far nothing has grown out of them. So good news there. Sumer was his nurse tonight and I got a picture taken with her. I should put it on the blog tomorrow.

Also I am having my theme party for my housewarming. We are doing a party to welcome people to the Harbison's Hawaiian Hilton. We decided since we are pretending anyway we might as well pretend big. So I will have some pictures of this also to put up on the blog. It's so much fun to do this for our nurses and drs. I think they will enjoy it. So if any of you are in the area, drop by :)


I hope God's blessings are pouring out on all of you.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Aloha! I'm sure that a few hula girls will perk Will right up.

Will, I'm so proud of you. You are making great progress. Keep up the good work and have faith in yourself and those lungs! You can do it!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Haneys said...

Are coconuts in season? I keep forgetting it's supposed to be summer:) We are so proud of your progress, Will! Keep up the hard work, you're doing GREAT!
Lot's of love from the Haney's!

chickenboy said...

Dear Will,Aunt Terri,and Uncle Tom
I am really glad that you are doing great. I miss you and love you all very much. I don't want you to give up.I can't wait till I see you aain.You mean the world to me.

Love,
Eileen(Missy)