Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sat. May 24 2008 7:20 am

Morning, I'm sorry I didn't have this blog done before now. It's been a little crazy this morning and that's what I get for not doing it about 2:00 when it was quiet.

Will's day wasn't as good as the day before. He was able to walk a couple of times to the nurses' desk but then he didn't have enough gas in him to do more on his t-trials. He did do a good one for over 3 hours in the morning but his other two tries weren't very successful. He will try again this morning. He was having trouble breathing this morning so they had to mess with him a bit. A couple of the doctors were in and checking all the things out. They don't know why he couldn't breathe but they messed with his vent and he's doing better now. They had to up his numbers but they will bring them down once this little "episode" quiets down. He is sleeping now. So that's got my heart started this morning.

Grandma and Grandpa Atwood came down yesterday afternoon. They stayed the night at the local hotel and are coming back to visit this morning. That means more foot massages for Will. This weekend is supposed to be rainy, I don't know what it's supposed to be back home but I hope all of you that are starting out for a three day weekend have fun playing in the rain or sun.

There is a young man, Moreno is his last name, in the room next to Will. He was brought in a few days ago and hasn't had company yet. He looks to be about 18 yrs old. I don't know his story or what's wrong. But they almost lost him a couple of times last night. I prayed for him and I prayed that he didn't have to die alone. That's one of the saddest things. He's still alive but barely. I'm asking all my praying buddies to pray for him, please. Pray for his healing and if he has family somewhere that they are able to be with him.

This just shows me how good God is to us. I know if Tom or I couldn't be here next to Will, he would have literally hundreds of people that would step in. How blessed we are. It's a good feeling and warms this old heart of mine. Thank you for loving us and praying for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Terri, Will, Tom and Family,
Terri thanks for the updates, we'll keep Will in our prayers. Did the young man next to Will have a transplant also? I didn't know if that unit was specialized in transplants only. We will definitely put him on our prayer list as well.
Lots of love, hugs, and kisses coming your way! We celebrated Mason's second birthday today. He's getting SO big. Actually day is the 30th!
Talk to you soon,
Jess

T*A*N*Y*A* said...

It's okay that Will didnt get all the walkes in he wanted, its the weekend he is allowed to rest extra.. Foot rubs will do the body good too.. My grams will be here tomorrow too so foot rubs for me as well.. Come visit if you have a min.. She always askes about you and prayes for you all.. Ever since Will went into surgery she has burned a candle she blesses with good health and love.. She think the world of your family..
Hope all is well this weekend.. Tell Will he needs to enjoy that foot rub..
Love You All
Tanya