Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22, 2008 Thursday 3:34 am

I was reminded that Hagerman's graduation was last night. I didn't make it. It's been a long time since I didn't make a grad night. For all of you graduating seniors, CONGRATULATIONS!

Will worked really hard today (your yesterday) He did two t-trials and he stayed off the vent for three hours each time. Then when his doctor (Dr. Cahill) came in to his room, she asked him if he would walk with her. He would do anything she asked of him. He respects her so much. So she bagged him and he walked to the nurses desk. That was the longest walk he has taken in a long, long time. He sat in the chair for that long too.

My two friends, Zelda and Monique came up to SLC for the afternoon. We ended up going to lunch and talking for almost two hours. Then we went to furniture store called IKEA (I think I spelled it right). It was a huge, gynormous store. I got whiplash just looking at all the stuff. It was fun just to be out with them. We had a great time. They didn't leave until 8:30. It was a break from the norm. We laughed and joked and shopped until we were ready to drop. Everybody needs that once in a while. Right, ladies??

Thank God (and I do every day) that I have a husband that can and does stay with Will when I'm not there. He's getting to be such a fixture around the hospital that the nurses are calling him Dr. Tom. He was told yesterday that he got to be charge nurse. That lasted about five minutes. He's not very good at it, but he is a good father. Imagine spending hours a day next to your son's bedside, and being a guy too. You know what I mean. Men are not usually "wired" to do that. Like Tom says, "You do what has to be done."

Will received a call from a good, good friend of ours, Katie Rose tonight. She had me put her on speaker phone and she let Will know that she was going to be a mommy in a few months. He was grinning ear to ear. Isn't that the best news. Congratulations Katie and Paul. You'll be great parents. Thanks for sharing that with us. You made Will's day, maybe his month.

God puts special people in your lives for a reason. I feel very blessed that I have so many "angels" that I call friends. I want you all to know that your love, support and prayers have filled my heart clear up to the top. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and sharing His word with us. We are better people because of you all.
God bless and thank you.

5 comments:

Dan and Evelyn Peterson said...

Picturing you three ladies out on the streets is a little scary. Glad you all had fun. Great news that Will is doing so good.

Karen A. (kka) said...

I'm so happy that you are doing so well, Will! As always, you continue to amaze all of us. It's hard to believe that I'm done working after this week! I'm hoping that when Gloria gets back maybe we can come see you now that I can come down whenever I want! I know that some teachers say that the reason some students do so well in their class is because those students made it so easy to teach because the student(s) worked so hard and did everything possible to learn. I know that God has been wonderful and faithful in helping all of you, but I also know that you, Will, and you, Terri and Tom, make His job so much easier because of your faith and determination. I'm thankful to God for helping you and I'm thankful for all of you for never giving up and always doing what needs to be done even though it is so terribly hard some times. I'm also thankful for the wonderful doctors and nurses that God has put in your lives to help. I really miss all of you and can't wait until you are all back in Idaho!

Coach said...

Will, great job on your wind sprints to the nurses station and back. I'm sure it feels like a wind sprint used to after a long practice.
What great news from Katie and Paul. If he/she is anything like Katie you will have to make sure he/she becomes a Jerome Tiger.
It sounds like things haven't changed much with your Dad. Your Mom is out shopping and running around while your Dad is taking care of things at home/hospital. This has been going on for years and few people know about it. I guess it is time they know.
Keep working on those wind sprints. I'll be down as soon as you are ready for a visitor.
P.S. Terri I think it was great you had a little break. That was hard to say !!!

Mindy Lou said...

Will, keep up the amazing progress. We are all in the stands cheering you on!

We love you guys!

Mindy, Mark, and Bre

Somer Love said...

Keep up the great work!!!

I am proud of you Will, you really truly are my super hero!!!