Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 6, 2008 2:10 am Tuesday

Today is National Nurses Day. If you know a nurse, make sure you tell her/him how much you appreciate their dedication. As much as I have been around nurses, there aren't enough words to tell them how much their compassion means to their patients. We have been so lucky throughout Will's whole life with the nurses that have taken care of him. I feel that Will wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the nursing skills. That goes for when he was little and especially even now. Thank you just seems too small of words to tell them what they mean to people like us who spend so much time in hospitals. They are all a definite special breed of people.
THANK YOU, NURSES!!!
Today Will got his blood transfusion and he walked a few steps. He didn't do as much as he did yesterday but that could because his blood count was low. He should start getting more energy once he gets more blood on board. His kidneys are doing better and better. Thank you God. We don't want those shutting down on us.
Really, it was a very uneventful day here in the ICU. Things were kept kind of quiet. They probably will do the same tomorrow. Just strength exercising and blood transfusions. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for the words from home.
Bless you and we pray God keeps you all safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will I've been thinkin about you! Hang in there, I'm sure your strength will be back soon. I'm amazed that your walking after the info we got the last couple of days. Are you trying to make us feel wimpy? If you are it's working! lol
Simply incredible you are! Keep up the great work. Like your mom said, I'm sure after your blood count goes up you'll be feeling better.
Love you all lots!
Jess

Erin said...

Just want you to know that I love you all and am praying for you. I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend to see Keli's new baby so I will be sure to give him extra kisses from you Terri! : )

Love,
Erin ~