Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Sept 18, 2008 1:40 am

I know that you were all waiting to hear how my Constitution Day lesson went. Well, it went fine. The kids all learned about the five basic freedoms in the first amendment. So the constitution is being explained at a very early age. I don't think I learned anything about it until I had senior government and then it went in one ear and out the other. These future voters are going to know their rights early on.

Will had dialysis today and they got three liters off. He's able to breathe easier and he should be getting close to his dry weight again. Tomorrow will be a good day for walking and staying off the vent. Maybe Tom and Will can get outside for a while.

Sarah, our friend that had the lung transplant a few months before Will, came up to see Tanya, our friend that just had hers two days ago. (I hope I'm not confusing anyone) Sarah was able to report to Will that Tanya is doing fine and might get off the vent tomorrow. Praise God. Sarah stayed and visited Will for quite awhile and Tom was able to go and take a long walk. Sarah will be coming back to SLC this weekend which is good and then I can see her too. I haven't seen her in a long time. Can't wait to see Tanya also.

Dr. Cahill came in and saw Will tonight with Tania and Kelly. She was pleased with how he's looking. He's not so "puffy" (medical term). Maybe things will start moving forward soon. Coach is coming down on Friday to see Will and Will needs to see him too.

Please, please, please continue to keep Tanya in your prayers. We know how rough recovery can be, but she's a tough little thing. She'll be just fine. Still....it makes me nervous and then I read this passage in the Bible tonight:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6


So not to worry, Tanya will be running around in no time. I will keep everyone posted. A friend of mine emailed me and told me how close she felt to these other two transplanted CFers just because of Will. That's really nice to hear. I really do too.
God bless and keep all of you safe.

No comments: