Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sat, Oct, 25, 2008 12:32 AM

I'm up in Boise again with Will. He's had an eventful day. He was up by 7:30 and the Physical Therapist, Joel, took him by wheelchair to the physical therapy room on the first floor. It is a wonderful room and if you went to that web site of this hospital, you would see a good picture of it. He then rode a stationary bike for about three minutes. That is so good from what he was doing two weeks ago. He then had dialysis and they got three liters off and the good news is that he stayed off the vent while he was taking dialysis. That's a huge step for Will and everyone here was so happy for him.

They will do PT tomorrow but they won't do so much because it's a weekend. We listened to BSU beat San Jose off and on. Will thinks he has figured out what's giving him the skin crawls so he's going to talk to the doctor tomorrow and change the med.

We are looking forward to a good weekend. I want to cut his hair and give him a shave. Then he'll look so handsome. He's been having a little rough night but right before the shift change he was just saying that Teresa (the only nurse that gives massages before he goes to sleep) hasn't been here for a long time. Then Teresa pops up and she's here. Will was happy. She is just a special lady. There is a lot of them here though. I will try to get some pictures of them and that way you all know who I'm talking about.

I'm ready to go to my dad's house to get a good night sleep. They have been so good to us and they come up to the hospital every day. Again, we are very blessed.

God bless

1 comment:

The other Candice said...

Will...GREAT job staying off the vent for dialysis and riding the bike. All in one day...not too shabby. Looks like the new place is treating you well. Are you eating yet? Sorry about the itching...that sucks.

Also tell your grandma I hope she recovers ok. I don't mind having knee surgeries, but shoulder surgery is the one that scares me the most.

So I think hell has frozen over. I'm actually thinking about moving back to Reno. Granted, this may just be a momentary lapse of reason, but my best friend from elementary school (I think I told you about her) is getting divorced and moving back to Reno after living in Tx for 8'ish years. She wants me to move out so we can be roomies. At least Tahoe will be close by :).

Well, I'm going to stop rambling. Glad to see you're doing well.