Monday, November 17, 2008

Nov. 17, 2008 Monday


Here is one more picture of another visitor. This is Mecale (Henslee) Dunn. Will and she were very good friends and they were our neighbors forever. She is now married and has two big boys. Maybe next time she comes up here she can bring the little ones. Will looks good in the blue shirt, doesn't he?
He had a very good day. He got to sleep in and that was very exciting. Then he visited with Mecale and Grandpa and Grandma came up and Grandpa gave Will another haircut. Will was looking a little scruffy. After he rested a little, we helped him take another shower. He did better than his first one last week. He wasn't so nervous, but it is still over-stimulation for someone who hasn't had much stimulation in the last 8 months. So it will get better.
We took a little ride outside and he loved that. We sat outside for a while but then he wanted to go back inside. He walked from the elevator back to his room. Nice job, Will. I was going to take a picture of Will watching the Dallas game but he kind of feel asleep. Next time.
He's off the vent for 18 HOURS!!!! Tomorrow he will go again for 18 hours and then----they are going for all day and all night. 24 hours and then rest him. So maybe by Tuesday he will be all day and all night. Pray for him.
I hope that all of you had a great Sunday too.
God bless

3 comments:

Pam said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. Is there any doubt that you can make 24 hours?! We all know that you can and are cheering you all the way.

You look so awesome. There will be no way Randy can have pictures with you now.

Miss Gregg and I will be by to see you soon. I'm guessing you won't have that vent!!

I continue to update our congregation about your progress. They are an amazing group. We prayed hard for recovery in Boise. Yesterday I asked them to pray to send you home. The power of prayer is awesome. Here's to you going home soon!

Hugs
Pam

srmedley said...

Will you look AMAZING!!

I know you will be able to make 24 hours - for sure!

I'm glad you are closer to all of your family and friends. Try not to forget about the little people left in Utah.

Keep up the great work!!

Love,
Shelly
Long Lost 2 East Nurse

Tiffany said...

Hi, you don't know me but I wanted to just say that I have been reading this blog for months and I am so in awe of how far Will has come. He looks like he is really moving along recently and I can't wait to read about the day he gets to go home. After such an intense transplant experience, I know he has things to teach us all and I am anxious to hear.
I just wanted to say how much I admire your family and Will's ability to keep putting one foot in front of the other, even on days when he'd rather not.
Love to you all.