Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nov. 16, 2008 Sunday

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYBODY!
LET'S CELEBRATE
GOD'S LOVE--
BE GOOD TO ONE ANOTHER





Speaking of being good, this young lady is Will's new girlfriend (I apologize to all his other girls)
He's found a winner. (Now for all you romantics-we are just kidding.) This is Will's aide, Fabiola, and she is just about the cutest thing ever. She's going to be a doctor some day, she's already pre-med. She gets so red when we tease her so, of course, we tease her a lot because that's the type of family we have. She made Will put his arm around her, but then look at his smile. She can really make him smile. (yes she is standing next to Will in his wheelchair, she's just a little short)




This next picture is of Will's old, old friend from high school. He told me I had to take a picture that didn't show his shiny, bald spot. I hope nobody can see Jason's shiny, bald spot. He would be so mad if somebody knew he had a shiny, bald spot. Jason, I don't think anybody can tell. But, seriously Will had a great time visiting because when they get together they talk SPORTS, SPORTS, AND MORE SPORTS, just what Will needs.



While Jason was here, the RT, Tina from Texas, tried to see if he could use the speaking valve since it was right after dialysis. He still couldn't, so he will wait until he gets the trach out all the way. All he could do is a small croaking voice saying, "Can you hear me?" I thought if he could only say four words it would be something like, "I love you Mom." But, no! Oh well, that's what I get for thinking.

He did stay off the vent for 16 1/2 hours--new record!!! But Sunday he is supposed to try for 18 hours. He watched the BSU game a little but that much of a blow out isn't that fun. He had lots of company. We had a friend, Diane Perkins, come up that we haven't seen in a few years. Her son, Brandon, has CF, he's 24 yrs. old already. I know I wouldn't recognize him. Also, Will's Uncle Bill and Aunt Joan came up from Jerome to say hi. Aunt Karen from Twin also came up last night but I forgot to tell everyone and she didn't get her name on the blog so she's crying now. I hope this makes you feel better, Karen. LOL

Angel and Aaron came up for the day. Will was excited to see them. I took Aaron and went to find some more shirts for Will. He told me I had to bring Aaron with me because Aaron is a very nice dresser and he wouldn't let me buy old people's shirts like I did last time. We found a few.
Then when we got back Curtis, Jen and Cali came up. They visited with Angel and Aaron because Angel and Cali have this special connection and they haven't seen each other for awhile. Then Curtis and family stayed and visited Will and Angel, Aaron and I went to dinner.
BUSY DAY, so Will is sleeping really well now. They were only able to take off 2 1/2 liters of fluid. Hopefully Sunday will be a good day since they did dialysis today. The COWBOYS will be playing Sunday Night Football so Will will be busy tomorrow night.

Will wanted me to let everyone know if you wanted to come up, he's ready for visitors. He said that a lot of people come on Saturday but then not very many the rest of the week. The only thing we ask is if you have any sniffles, a cold, or the flu symptoms, please don't come up. He still has no immunity to germs. He will never be able to have people around him with bad germs. If you come up on the weekend, call my cell phone, if you come up on the weekdays, call Tom's. If you don't have those numbers, send me an email harbisonterri@hotmail.com and I will give it to you.

My sister, Mickey, and Missy, my niece, and Jeffery, my great-nephew, will be coming up from California on Wednesday. It will be good to visit with them.

God bless everyone and I hope you have a great Sunday. We will!! Will's just doing so much better. It's hard to describe how much progress he is making every, single day. I hope the pictures are giving you all some idea of how good he is looking.

No comments: