Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28, 2008 Monday 12:50 AM

This is a great day for Will. He took two walks and the last one was farther than any other time up on this floor. He also stayed off the vent for 11 hours!!! It’s been a long, long time since he was able to go that long. The docs are still trying to find an antibiotic to work on that infection, the last one doesn’t seem to be working. But, he is really doing better. Whoopee!

I’m sorry that this blog is going to turn out to be almost a book. Everyone knows how I can make a short story long. SORRY.

This is a little explanation what has been going on this weekend. I snuck home for a couple of days and worked in my classroom. There was so much I needed to do. I know some of you didn’t know but I am going back to teaching this year. This was not a decision that was made lightly. I was making myself sick trying to decide what to do. I knew that I couldn’t ask the school district to hold my job more than they already have. It’s not all about the paycheck although that was some of it. So it was time to either go back or let them hire some one else, and time was running out because they would have had to find another teacher and that’s not easy. As any one of you know that Tom and I and his whole family would do anything to get Will better and get him home. With that said, we needed to know what to do.

So of course I did what everyone should do when they come to such a hard place. I prayed and then I prayed some more. I just wanted God to send a sign to make it clear what we should be doing. The next day I received a book in the mail signed by all the employees of the school district saying that they wanted me back. I got a call from my boss saying that he was coming up to see us and Will was getting ready to be transferred up to the intermediate intensive floor, which meant that he was doing better. We felt that that was the way God was sending us but then Will clinched it when he told me that he wanted me to go back and teach. He said everything would be all right. Well, with all those “signs” God was sending our way, the decision was made.

Okay now comes the true test. Jump off the cliff. No, not for real-that’s just what it feels like. We have no idea what’s going to happen to Will in the next few weeks or months. All we know is that God will provide everything we need to take care of Will. Are we nervous???? You betcha, but our faith in our Heavenly Father is great and when He gives us these trials, He also gives us solutions. We trust Him and I hope that all of you that are reading this understands when we really do say we have no idea how we are gong to work this. One day at a time, I guess. LET GO AND LET GOD

I know you all read this blog for information on Will and a lot of this is about me but I wanted everyone to know that we didn’t come by this decision lightly. I will started teaching in about three weeks and it makes me very nervous just saying that. But and this is a big BUT, Will will have everything he needs.

It was nice to be home for a couple of days, it almost felt unreal. I feel bad that I couldn’t see all my friends but I needed to get all my stuff done. I feel bad that we had to “sneak” around but I hope you all understand. And while I was gone, our good friend Kim did my “shift” and she was great even though the nights had to be so long for her. Tom did his normal days so we had Will covered. Richard and the kids stayed at the apartment and just hung out. How wonderful it is to have friends like that. THANKS WHITE FAMILY.

God bless everyone and thanks for reading this all the way through.

6 comments:

karrie/mom said...

We're so glad that Will is moving forward again. Keep it up, Will. God is so faithful. Terri, I know that there are a bunch of kids that are going to be so happy (and very lucky!) to have you back in the classroom; you are an amazing teacher. Good luck! Love, Karrie and Jeff

Katie Lardy said...

Will,
Keep up the great progress! We're thinking about you and hoping that you're able to kick that infection quickly. Stay strong.

Terri,
I'm sure that was such a difficult decision. But I wish you all the best going back to teach.
Love, Katie

Karen A. (kka) said...

WOW. I was reading my devotions this morning and came across a chapter in my favorite book, A JOURNEY INTO PRAYER. The chapter was Pray First, Plan Later. I will send you an email about what was in this book, but it fit exactly into what you had written in your blog today. It also referred me to 1 Peter 1 and to Romans 5. God is definitely working through your family and through your struggles and triumph to witness to others, but He is also showing you now much He loves all of you and understands what you are going through. Your faith, Terri, will definitely carry you through and God will bless you in His way.
OK, you can tell my dad was the preacher and not me! I just had to say this because the timing of my devotions today and your blog couldn't have been a coincidence.
I'm glad Kim and her family were there for you. Please let me help in any way I can, if I can. I agree with Karrie and Jeff, "there are a bunch of kids that are going to be so happy to have you back in the classroom." I love you all!

Carrie said...

Tom, Terri, Angel, and Will
It was so great seeing all of you this weekend. Although our stay was short it really meant so much to me to get that time to visit with you guys. Terri I know you have a lot to do to get ready for school this year (I know this because I carried your HUGE bag to the car); and I know that by the end of the summer Will is prbably going to be tired of learning about your upcoming science lessons, but it will be a good review for him anyways. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Love you guys lots and you are one amazing family.

Love Joe and Carrie

Anonymous said...

Of course I am in shock... and just wait till I talk to my dad... now you know they are good at keeping secrets when they don't even tell their own daughter! I may have to come pay him a visit to straighten him out. LOL
Terri,
I think it will be great! Will, is obviously in great hands or you wouldn't have kept him there, let alone thought about leaving him there for the next few months before he comes home. Is Angel going to teach in Wendell or Jerome this fall?
You are all in our thought and prayers during this transition and decision making process! We love you and know that God will lead the way if you allow him to... that can definitely be hard sometimes!
XOXO
Jess

Somer Love said...

Will So glad to hear you are on the up and up again!!

Teri I think teaching again will be amazing you are a fabulous teacher and they are lucky to have you back. Will will be in great hands I'll make sure of it!!