Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2008 Friday midnight

My niece Billie, put together this video of Will's walk while she was here last weekend. I hope it works for everyone. It worked for me but I had to push the big arrow on the picture and then I had to push the little arrow under the video. I hope you enjoy seeing him. My nephew, Danny, is the one helping, or pulling on him, I'm not sure which it is. Isn't it great to see him moving around. Billie told me she would tell me how to upload these videos and I will try to get a camera and get some more for you all to enjoy.





Here's the video of Will and his namesake. Aren't they great together. Both smiles are so treasured by us.





Will had another bad day but this will be the last one for awhile.
It started out with dialysis because his kidney numbers were getting worse and he had a terrible night itching all over. The itching comes from all the toxins in the body trying to get out through the pores since the kidneys are not taking them out. I hope that makes sense? They really couldn't give him anything like benedryl because that is for allergic reactions and that's not what was making him itch. So we just tried to rub the itch away with ice bags.

Then while we were down in the dialysis lab his feeding/drain tube pulled out. This is something that was put in by a procedure down in the intervention xray lab, it's not something that could be put back in by us "normal" folks. So we had several drs. and nurses running around trying to figure out what to do. Will couldn't take any of his medications without that line and he couldn't have his tube feeds either. So it was quite serious and at first they said they couldn't get him in until tomorrow morning but Dr. Cahill said she gave up her ranch to the dr. so he would do the procedure early just for her. Wasn't that nice of her? She can always come live with us in Idaho.
I don't know if I have mentioned Dr. Cahill's assistants, Kelly and Tauna. Those two never miss a day of coming in and checking on Will. If we need anything, and I mean anything, they find a way of helping us out. So when Will's tube was pulled out this morning, within a few minutes Tauna came walking in. She got things straightened out. They are both amazing and they know everybody so they have a lot pull around here. We love them both so much. They just brighten up the room when they walk in and they always have time to answer the thousand questions that we usually have.

So Will didn't have any walks today and he was on the t-trial for the three hours he was downstairs on dialysis. But tomorrow will be different because it's Friday (already???) and Coach is coming down. He will get Will up and walking. Will's two aunts, Aunt Karen and Aunt Gloria, came up this afternoon and will stay overnight. They haven't been able to see him in quite a while. It was good to see them.

Pray for Will's kidneys if you would please. We want them to recover and start working again so he doesn't have to stay on dialysis permanently. I will have good news tomorrow because Dr. Cahill said that this is the absolutely last bad day. And we all know she's the boss, and we thank God for her every day.

Hope you all enjoyed the videos. Let me know.

God bless

No comments: