Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 15 2008 Tuesday 12:45 am

Will got his jg tube in place tonight. He was in the GI lab from 2 this afternoon until 7. That was a long procedure and he was hurting so bad when he got back from laying on a gurney all that time. They are just now able to get a hold of his pain. He still can't use his feeding tube until this morning hopefully. They have to xray it about 5 this morning and see if it "floated" anywhere. I asked the dr. if they could use some duc tape to hold it into place this time. She laughed but I told her Will was from Idaho so it was ok-we use it for anything. They had to put it in three different times today. Will wasn't a happy patient towards the end. He might not be able to talk but he sure can give people the look.


He does go down to dialysis this morning. I still don't know if they are going to take any fluid off. Maybe the kidney drs. came while we were downstairs. I didn't get a chance to talk to them today. Because he hasn't had any nutrition for a couple of days he is pretty weak. So he did try to walk but didn't get very far, although he walked farther than I would have. He has also had a headache all day and that's probably from lack of nutrition. This tube better work this morning or I'm making him some pancakes and stuffing them in his feeding tubes.

My mom left this morning but it was sure good to see her. She got to walk with Will yesterday and this morning. Please pray for some relief from his pain and pray that his tube will work now. He needs food!!! Thank you for your love.
God bless

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry you have been so long without nutrients. That has to be one of the hardest things to go through, both for Will and for those who are with him. I know how grouchy Randy (Coach) can get when he is on a diet!! I'm sure Will has been around on some of those days. So you just give all the dirty looks you want. We are praying that today is a better day and they get the pain under control. I'm sure you will take off again and start surprising them all over again.