Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2, 2008 Wednesday 12:50 am

Well, I had a day off from posting the blog and my niece, Christi, wrote for us. It was fun to hear the comments. Christi, you did a good job with that-you made me laugh and you made me cry. Thanks. Will is lucky that he has so many cousins that he is close to. It really isn't easy sometimes to do the blog especially when you know so many people read it. I get a little intimidated and sometimes it takes me hours to post a blog because I go over it and over it.

The news is still good today. Will did 9 hours on the t-trial all at once. He walked this morning farther than he has. So I went out and measured with my steps because we don't have a measuring tape and I knew it would be an impressive gain. Day before yesterday, he walked 37 steps; today he walked 67 steps. That's just one day improvement! He's going to make his goal of being in the apartment by the end of July (maybe).

Carolyn took us on a walk (wheelchair for Will) outside and around the hospital. It was so nice to get out again. It's hard to have a nurse leave the unit to take us on a walk but Carolyn thinks it's very important for Will to see life outside of this place. We agree with her. Thanks so much Carolyn. Sumer gave Will a shave which he needed. Thanks, Sumer.

Today is another dialysis so we will start the day early with the walking because after dialysis he isn't up to doing anything. They want to pull off another 4 liters. It's working wonders. Nothing but good news lately, isn't it wonderful? Life is so good.

Please remember to keep Richard White in your prayers today. He's still in Houston and he will be getting his results from all his tests today. We know God has good things planned for Richard. Richard, we love you.

Tanya, our Cf friend that is awaiting a lung transplant, is back in the hospital again. Please say a prayer for her and pray that she gets her new lungs quickly.
Everyone is gearing up for a wonderful 4th of July. It will be a great weekend.

God bless

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Hi Will,Terri, and Tom,
I just got back from vaction in San Diego and got caught up on you Will, well I was able to sneak a quick read one time on vaction. I'm so glad to see you smiling and laughing again Will. Wow what a change pulling fluids off makes. I know it will not be long before the old Willie the Jokester we all know and love will be back.
Keep up the great work on the t-trials and walking Will.

Dixie

karrie/mom said...

Keep up the great work, Will. It's so good to see you smiling and looking so handsome. I really like the buzzed look. If I was a guy, that's the way I would wear my hair; get up and go, no more bed-head! I rode my bike into Hagerman to do some errands and Terri, I thought you would like to know that I saw Coach and Brent working pretty hard on the bank's yard and bushes. They were so focused on what they were doing. Of course, Sylvan was there with his whip making sure they didn't shirk their duties. As teachers, we love it when parents make their children work hard on their responsibilities, right, Terri? It really builds character. But, we already know that Coach, at least, is a real character! (Really, Randy, I love reading your blogs; they always make me smile!) Well, I'm off to get some of my own yard work done. Have a great day and we'll keep lifting Will and Richard up in prayer. God is so awesome and I know he has great plans for both of these wonderful men. Love from Karrie and Jeff.