Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday March 9, 2009

Spring break is just one more week. The kids are so ready and I think the teachers are too.

Will had a quiet weekend. He went to dialysis on Saturday and they took four liters off. Then he came home and just rested. He listened to the boys state basketball game and the Jerome boys brought home a third place trophy. Deja vu because our girls did the same. So it was a great year for the Jerome Tigers. Way to go, Jerome.

Now on to March madness. For all you that don't have to breathe basketball like this household seems to do, March madness is a time when all the college basketball teams play to win the NCAA Championship. It gets wild and crazy with all the brackets and everything. We love it!

Sunday Will went over to Brent's house to watch Duke play. I guess it was a good game. The weather was okay today. It was a cold wind but the sun was out. I think it's just mother nature telling us that spring is almost here. I forgot that this weekend was the weekend to set our clocks back so I missed church. But, God and I had a talk and I told Him I was sorry and He forgave me (again). God is so good at that forgiving part, I wish we all were better at that. How nice the world would be, right? Anyway, I hope most of you got to church on time.

It felt really weird not blogging last night, but Miss Wallace said it best that it really shows how well Will is getting when I don't have new news all the time about his progress. I will blog again on Wednesday night for Thursday.

Take care and God bless

3 comments:

Pam said...

Amen! God is still talking to us in the silence. It is as you said, Terri, we can start discussions on our own. Those exchanges can provide Will with a dose of "laughter is the best medicine."

Have a great week!

Hugs
Pam

Unknown said...

Hey Will! This is Anne and Dan just wanting to say hi and ask who we should be pulling for in NCAA tourney. I like the Yankees!! Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Great News Terri!
Pam always seems to know how to put it best... yes, Coach, I said always!
Will, I am so glad to hear you are in much better shape to enjoy basketball this year. Forget Spring Break... I can't wait for summer when I can get out to Idaho and be with all of you. J/K Terri, spring break is much needed but we have to wait until Easter. Can you believe it... seems so long, but then the end of the year comes fast which is nice.
So I am reading, The Shack, and so far I would definitely recommend it. But the reason I brought it up was to share a quote that really touched me last night.

You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and
put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.
-Frederick Buechner, Telling the Truth

As you know I have been away from what I consider home for 10 years.... my sister-in-law just moved away for the first time with her husband and family, so it has been really rough on her and my mother-in-law. It has also made me think a lot about my transition down to Florida, which seems just like yesterday. But as much as I have missed being in Idaho and felt like my kids have missed out too... I still carry many memories and feelings for friends and family who I do not get to see very often. And I do still feel that connection with the ones who have made such a positive impact on my life. So thank you... if you read this you know who you are!
Love you all tons!!!!!!

XOXO,
Jess