Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16th Will's birthday update

We had such a great day HOME with Will.
Here is Will with our neighbor, Hayley, who also has a birthday today.
She turned 13 today.





Here is another picture of the birthday gang.
Hayley, Will, and Coach (whose birthday is tomorrow)
I had the cake say all three names.




Now for the birthday present of all birthday presents...



Yup, we got a boat. It's not really Will's present. We just happened
to get it now. It's a 24 ft.Pontoon boat that seats 12 comfortably.
AWESOME
He got an Ipod and some games for his Wii.




This is the first time Will got into the boat. We had to help him down but he's
so psyched to get it into the water. I think he was out looking for fishing worms after he got off the boat. I know my pole is ready.





We are going to have to replace the carpeting(it's an older boat) and a few other touches but
I can see us on the water every chance we get.
****************************
Will did have dialysis today and they still took a couple of liters of fluid off anyway. So we came home and had a nice dinner. Of course, artichokes (Will's favorite food) was served. Then we just had a few people over. My mom, the Whites, Coach and Donna Clark, Brent and Stacee, Sylvan, and our other neighbors, Victoria and Jax. Will really had a great time.

I didn't want to write a book today but I forgot that I haven't told everyone what happened in SLC. Will went into his normal appt. after doing his xray, PFT's (that's how well the lungs are functioning) and blood work. Well, some of the numbers were not looking good and the xrays showed that his lungs were really "wet" so Dr. Cahill put him in for a few more tests and three days of dialysis. It worked because his numbers were up and his lungs looked better. So we got to go home. She was afraid that it might be pneumonia again. She was being very protective and cautious but still Will was not happy to be in there. But he's home now and doing very well.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes to Will
GOD BLESS

2 comments:

Dixie said...

What a fun birthday present for the whole family. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you can get out on the open water soon. I hope you had a wonderful birhtday Will.
I also forgot to tell Angel and Aaron congratulations on the upcomeing birth of their little girl. I know she will be spoiled rotten by the whole family. I can't wait to meet the newest member of the family when she arrives. Remember Angel you have to let your "extened family" on peds know, or at least me!!

Love,
Dixie

Nichole Rammell said...

Happy birthday Will, you are getting old. I remember when you turned 30, that was like years ago!!! I'm glad you are doing so well. I really like the picture of the family in front of the boat and Tom pointing at the little dog!