Sunday, December 16, 2007

Such a surprise!!!!!


On Friday, I was sitting in the waiting room while Willie was doing his exercises. I got a call and was told that Sarah was wanting to see me by the gift shop at the hospital. Wow!! I didn't think I would be able to see her until Will was all done with his transplant. (The doctors say that they need to stay apart because of cross-contamination) So I got to visit with her for quite a while and she looked fantastic. She was able to share quite a bit of info of what she has gone through. That was good for us. For those of you that don't remember, this young lady was waiting for a transplant like Willie. But she needed it NOW. God showed his love once again and provided her with a set of lungs that are working wonderfully. She is now at home (the fastest recovery time of anybody with a lung transplant at the University hospital) and going to spend her Christmas with her children. I wish I had better adjectives to describe how well she is doing but-----WOW!!!!!. You can't really see her to well with this picture because she needs to keep her mask on at all times in public. But to me, she is beautiful and a great spirit.
Will is feeling great and he's really got a lift from knowing how well Sarah has done. All of us has gotten a lot from her and her family.

No comments: